words

I'm in a bit of a rut with writing, having both few ideas and little time/motivation to write them. What I write doesn't seem to quite fit my expectation or standard, or portray my intentions.
I need to practice, let go of the perfectionism, and scrawl, mark, stain the pages with frenetic marks of emotion until something feels right.
But until then, here are some of my favourite phrases/quotes.
People who so poetically express themselves.
Enjoy.


"I have so much I want to tell you and nowhere to begin"–J.D Salinger

"I sit around and wonder about the fire in your eyes, the movement of your fingers, the way you slowly complicate my life"

"If I didnt think, I'd be much happier"–Sylvia Plath

"The world is big and I am not, but still I am enough"

"I don't pay attention to the world ending. It has ended for me many times and began again in the morning"

"I set out for a noiseless room then I remembered the silence depressed me"–Blackout poetry from Sylvia Plath

"I loved you as Icarus loved the sun, too close, too much"

"Ni santas, ni putas, solo mujeres"–Neither saints nor whores, only women

"Then it went dark and rained and rained and rained"–found in Oh Comely

"You are enough, you are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are"

"My brain hums with scraps of poetry and madness"–Virginia Woolf

"You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering"–Ernest Hemingway

"And from the chaos of her soul, there flowed beauty"–Louise Alexander Erstine

(this post was a lot less cringe in my head)

This morning was so super lovely. I drank copious amounts of tea with my two best friends and felt oh so relaxed. I looked at the clock and realised most of the day had gone, but it was like coming home. I now feel sort of sad that they're gone for another six weeks but relieved with the reminder that moments like that are still so enjoyable, no matter how relaxed or low-key. I am also beginning to realise that friendship doesn't have to rely upon daily contact, its more dependent on the moments you spend together. And they are bliss. One of my happiest, happiest memories of 2017, despite being so mundane, was the day of our history coursework deadline. With the work handed in, I spent the rest of the day with the same two pals and we played cluedo and ate pizza and cookies and just sat on my bed and talked and talked, days like that were always few and far between, but man they were special. Our minds and interests and habits are so similar, but we remain so individual and I rarely feel so myself. These memories and moments used to be the norm, but now their infrequency makes me treasure them even more. I am lucky.

I digress. Which of the above is your fave?
All the quotes/phrases were found on pinterest. You can view them all here.

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the quotes I was shook at how much gap year reading you had been doing and how good your memory is for quotes! I have one quote I love but I have a terrible memory as well so the quote has been distorted by my brain a lot. Glad you had a good day with your pals (also I love Cluedo) (whoops accidentally commented in someone else blog url haha)
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah I cheated, none of these were actually found in the original texts, oops. I keep a word document open and write down any quotes I find, or I jot them in my diary–means I can keep track of all the ones I love!!! Hahahah thank yaaa xx

      Delete