the summer list #2

Last year, this post was written on 17th June, when my days were spent working and partying, without responsibility or commitment. 17th June 2019 was spent surrounded by paper and files, at my seat in the silent library, gazing onto the quad, and dreaming of the end.
Things change, but there's still a lot I wanna achieve this summer. Especially after receiving a reading list longer than my arm, and an onslaught of essay titles that I will undoubtedly avoid until September. 
The first 2 weeks of this eternal 3 month break were consumed with 14 hour shifts, days of sleeping and recovering,  blissful moments under the Spanish sun. But now the real flow has begun, and I don't want to waste this delicious freedom.


(some magical moments ive already had this summer !!)
So here goes:
1) an art project (I don't know what this should be !! Maybe knitting? Sewing? Collaging? send ideas!)
2) draft ideas for our to-be feminist society (again, send thoughts!!!)
3) journal, try daily, because a challenge is good 
4) run 15 km 
5) read the books on my summer to-read
6) make ice-cream 
7) write poetry/fiction/essays (non-academic obvs)
8) begin drafting ideas for after 
9) more days napping on the beach in the sun with old friends 
10) play tennis 
11) swim once a week 
12) art galleries (both in places I'm travelling, but also local)
13) read in (new) cafes 
14) find new bars 
15) go to York/Edinburgh/Durham for the day 
16) wild swim somewhere 
17) go down to Oxford, to tick off all the things I couldn't do in term time 
18) have a bbq in the garden 
19) make bread 
20) drink wine in the garden 
21) make a lil film 
22) sign up for another race 
23) go on a day trip to the countryside 
24) lie in the sun 
25) fill up a disposable camera

I'll add more ideas to this as they evolve. 
Much of my summer is taken up travelling and working, the former blissful and idyllic, the latter necessary, if a little dull. I want to spend time with friends, and time alone, enjoy the peace, and, most importantly, breathe. 

Hope ur all feeling free and summery!!!

3 comments

  1. Posts about summer are literally my favourite (honestly I love the fact that it brings so many possibilities). For your art project, crocheting would be cool!! I find it a lot easier than knitting and it's just quite cool. I also love the fact the little things like baking bread, some of the best summer memories are the simplest xxx

    eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! New coffee shops, sunshine, making bread, and art are some of the things that caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro I've been meaning to embark on a creative adventure and have accomplished absolutley nada right now. Also same with the writing. I have a lot of ambitions for summer yet every time I have a day off I fail to fill it with anything in my goals. Yolo though! gunna copy this idea as rough motivation for my summer. Excited for you to go to Oxford and do all the things your friends done whilst you still had exams!! x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete