musings #9

I love the colours of this weeks moodboard. Its funny, I never intentionally save things with a theme in mind, but there sure is a blue-y, spring like quality to these pictures. They feel vibrant and hopeful, which is a nice contrast to the mood of my brain. I especially adore the Van Gogh. It makes me think of summer days abroad and picnics. What i'd do to have one of those on the horizon. Of course, there are also numerous pictures of Oxford taking up my insta at the moment. I still get a warmth in my stomach when I turn the corner to see those layered buildings, it sure does make me happy. I'm dreaming of the day I can stroll along the streets and sit in a creaking library. 

Its been an anxious one, y'all. I've cried and read in almost equal amounts, my days have been spent either working or worrying, both of which feel unfulfilling. My health anxiety is horrifically overwhelming, which makes sense considering the global climate, but it is uncontrollable, especially without access to my usual coping mechanisms. So i've sort of had to just sit and be with the thoughts, which is horrible and scary. But hey, who's really having a ball in this pandemic?
Other than worrying, I've written a lot of letters, painted a lot of watercolour flowers, done the same walk at 11am for 7 days in a row, started Brideshead Revisited to vicariously experience Trinity term, spent hours on Zoom, a night doing a jigsaw because it was the only thing that could put my mind at rest, and not much else. Oh, I've taken a lot of pics on PhotoBooth. I guess to remember all the hours I spent at my desk procrastinating?
This week I really am hoping to get back into hobbies, and want to fill my grey time a little more productively so my brain can't spiral so catastrophically. I'm thinking journalling, painting, puzzling, running, reading. The things I know make me feel good but get neglected in the blur of this madness. 
In other equally mundane news, I've been spending a lot of time on Seol+Gold looking at rings. I really want a thick silver band, but am undecided on design and size - they have too many ! I'm also finding myself being lured into a consumeristic trap, which is difficult when a) most of my clothes are trapped in Oxford b) my student loan came through and c) I need some incentive to work. But I am resisting, and trying to raid my sisters wardrobe instead. I also did a (socially distant) book and puzzle swap with my friend the other day and, not only will it keep me sufficiently occupied for a few weeks, but it was also so refreshing to see a new face. Eek!

Drink up some of the sun and the colour of the pics, soon we'll be out there enjoying it. 

(pics are:
@lesparisiennesdumonde @spiralling_oxford @vangoghmuseum @marcello_velho @charlotte.ager @mansfieldoxford (<3) @seolgold @refinery29 @seolgold @maddierothart @making.me

6 comments

  1. I'm feeling very in tune with this post, I've got one very similar waiting in my draft folder. Definitely at a point where I am trying to refind my motivation to do the things that make me happy and not just waste away another day. This is definitely not easy on anyone no matter how many good days there are. Keep going! Keep doing the things you love even if its just as a distraction.
    Louise x
    http://ribbitsaidthefrogcalledtoad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading yours!! it defininitely is a bit of a lull isnt it, it feels like the novelty has absolutely worn off now!!! You too!!! xx

      Delete
  2. THE ANXIETY. It has attacked me hard this week. I was just thinking about how I can't see my therapist or do a few of the things I would Normally do to calm it down. I guess I will be stuck to writing insane posts about it, dancing, and crying. We will get through it and better times are to come we just have to hang in there a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god, its hard isnt it!!! haha, all those things are definitely helping me! yes for sure, just hold on! xx

      Delete
  3. I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat and I was like ! Hold the phone ! But I think it was just anxiety thank goodness. I'm sorry to hear about yours, plus the workload as well. It will be nice to get into your hobbies again, a socially distant bookswap sounds definitely needed! The Seol+Gold rings are utterly gorgeous and soon you will be reunited with your old clothes in ox! x

    eleanorclaudie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. god honestly, every day this week i've been focussing on my throat (I said to my mum its like im living inside it lol) and as a result its hurting lol - it always baffles me how our brains can convince us of so many things??? Oh arent they just, i might have to make a purchase today!! haha I hope so ! lots of love xo

      Delete