quarantine diary #1

*This in entirely in the vein of Lexie, even down to the photo, and I am almost shameless in my copying*


Today was a lot, starting with the intentions of a planned walk with a friend, and rapidly concluded with my last breaths of fresh air on my way to the test centre. What a world we live in. What a time to be alive. 

In some ways it's almost nice having time and reason to do all the silly things you don't usually, when you're cooking tea or walking or with friends. I took advantage of the room below me being empty and did a HIIT work out, I made a plethora of paper stars (pattern found here) that I have now stuck up on my wall – a decision I know I will regret when it comes to removing them. I also listened to Newscast, which I think is becoming my favourite podcast, did my washing up immediately after eating and FaceTimed my mum. 
It's sort of sad hearing my friends around me, but it also feels bizarrely adventurous and secluded in a safe way. I am also blessed with a gorgeous view over the quad and the old college buildings, and this morning I saw a fox run across the path. 
My friends cooked me pasta, I wore a nice outfit just for me, and managed to harness a lot of sympathy (for doing absolutely nothing).
I think tomorrow, on top of my extended essay (due on the day I can break free, conveniently!) which I seem to be getting more and more lost in as the days go by, I'll write a letter or two, to post when I can leave this room, call Libby, and maybe have a nap. Oh the joys.

Please send art recs, watching recs, listening recs – anything I can access without leaving my room.

No comments