thoughts on nearing the end




Finals do be hard, I haven't got much to say to anyone anymore, and there is a nagging fear of 'after'. 
Alas, there have been some gloriously happy moments; my shower thought this morning was that I can't believe I may never live with these people again, I can't imagine myself a full person without them. 
Let us hope our paths take us in a semi tandem direction next year – although I don't have a single solid plan, and thus have the blissful privilege of being able to ensure this does, in fact, happen. 

Anyway, the days are sort of monotonous – but in a reassuringly stable way. Library, packed lunch with friends on the Broad Street steps, library, coffee, library, maybe some fun. 
I have relished in the freedom to go to the pub, and have concluded that one of the best revision antidotes is a pint in the evening – so I will be continuing this as frequently as necessary, provided my work is done. It's nice to have an incentive.
What else?
I have spent a slightly alarming amount: some gold hoops from Seol + Gold, five 2nd hand pieces from Shop Kilo (inc dungarees – see last post), a hoodie from eBay and the cutest orange sweater vest from a Mind charity shop. Orange feels like good revision energy. 
Other things that have been getting me through include by TT21 revision playlist, runs along the canal, and not really thinking beyond today. 
So honestly, good vibes – if a little stressed. But I did 3 collections last week and they went fine and I think it is going to be okay. 

And finally, I can't quite believe I only have 8 more weeks in this beautiful city, to which I would give my heart if I could. It's going to take a lot of reflection to make peace with this all being over, and I am not ready to part with the view out of my window onto the quad, and the meadows in the evening, and people punting, and the sandstone, and god, just all of it.
I'm not quite ready.

Peace out luvers x

No comments