purple hues




Emerging from a two month hiatus; I think this might be the longest drought of writing I have experienced. But its a sunny Easter Sunday, everyone else has gone home and I am too hungover to work. So here we are. 

In those two months I have: 
written my dissertation, which was a saga – but a good one, found lots of new places in Oxford, brought my yellow bike back, not written in my diary once, crocheted 2/3 of a sweater vest, ran fast and far, really enjoyed some new tunes, had a lot of delicious dinners with new people, watched the Ru Paul finale on a projector, lost almost all my uni work from the last three years (then got it back), cycled a lot, drank a lot of tinnies, made an excessive amount of sushi, got a girlfriend, ate a lot of packed lunches in the sun, swam in Port Meadow, perpetually felt guilty about not doing enough work, and anxious about not having a job. My instagram saved and pinterest have been, almost exclusively, knitted sweater vests and dishes I want to cook when I have a kitchen. 

It's been very calm and very fun and also quite stressful, but I wrote 12,000 words on naked early Islamic women, started revision and almost finished another piece of coursework. Can you believe it's nearly all over?

Today I am manifesting a sunny walk, a creme egg, perhaps a run if my hungover body can muster the strength, and indulging in the rest of Crazy Rich Asians. Delightful.

I can't wait for 12th April, mostly to drink a draught cider and to go to a charity shop – I want some garish clothes, and certainly some dungarees. Life has some promise in it at the moment, it feels as if maybe the end is in sight. Thank goodness, what a long nightmare this has been. 

A pointless and narcissistic update, but a break in the silence nonetheless. 

2 comments

  1. Omg yay you're back!!! I literally logged onto blogger and was like "aw I miss Katie's blog" - and there you were! Wow, congrats on finishing your diss, that's insane!! You must feel so incredibly proud, if not deflated too haha. Sounds like a weirdly blissful time despite the stress - so happy for you! And ugh yes, bring on the 12th! Definitely feeling a lot more hopeful...in comparison to my earlier blog posts so much has changed, mind-set wise! I definitely see a light at the end of the tunnel...so here's to that!! Sending you good vibes! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back!! We missed you!! I actually adore the way you write and everytime I read one of these updates I end up smiling like an idiot. I hope you ended up finding some very cool and nice dungarees and garnish clothes!!!
    https://sputniksweetheartn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete