sun and showers


What a time; I have finally found a moment to write – blah blah – you know the score. 
Let me tell you, finals at Oxford – they are tough man. 

There has been incessant rain for a month, a broken laptop, tears, exhaustion, happiness at collections marks, hours, and hours and hours in libraries and honestly, not much else. 
The end is near: it's so sunny and I have spent the last two evenings swimming, a very welcome reset. 

And then, in 8 days, it is all over. 

I am resolutely terrified about it. Who am I without this painful but utterly adoring degree, and how will I cope not living with my friends, and why the heck am I moving to Germany on my own. 
All scary questions and prospects that I just put off by working hard and taking my sertraline and honestly just not thinking. 

But I think some of the best weeks of my life are to come. Three 'n and half weeks in Oxford with no work – I haven't even had a day like that. Thus far it is filled with post-exam trashing, bottomless brunch, swimming, bike rides and a visit from Evie.
I am going to sleep for hours, and will
probably cry because I can't believe how hard this has been, and how amazing this has been. 
Ever grateful, man. 

Peace and love – now I am off to the library, and to avoid Matt Hancock (who is apparently in college this week for the G7 health summit – I know)

xx

No comments