Collecting parts of myself

I have a Peter Rabbit gift bag under my desk filled with meaningful rubbish; tickets from Paris, London, days out with friends, photobooth strips from any available opportunity (we love a good photobooth), quotes drawn on dark days and 101 postcards, either collected or gifted. In all honesty, its a bag of rubbish, but its meaningful, rather pastel rubbish that with holds my favourite memories and little parts of me that make up an odd paper representation. For years I have come home and put every momento inside my purse into this bag, thinking, one day I will display this all to remind me of this or that.
And, I finally got round to taking it out of its exceptionally aesthetically pleasing bag and stringing all the bizarre little things for the world to see.





I bought both the twine and the pegs from John Lewis and pinned a string up on my wall, pegging all the items to it.



Not only when I am working away on my desk next year, caught in the wrath of Sixth Form, can I look up to see reminders of my favourite people and happy moments, but it also pleases me immensely because of just how aesthetic it is; the pastel colours, maybe a little over used but still looking wonderfully Pinterest in a jumbled way.
Maybe I hold too much of myself and too much love in these pointless pieces of paper but it makes me happy to collect little things like this.
It also makes a lovely bag to look through.
Do you collect tickets and pieces from special days?
Katie x
Currently: Listening: nothing new//Reading:Still trudging on with The Picture of Dorian Gray-its only 177 pages but has taken me a good month to read, I guess because its for school//Loving: Tea//Lusting: Dungarees

18 comments

  1. I always collect tickets and little things from special days and holidays and never know what to do with them! This is such a cute idea Katie, I'll definitely be doing this in my uni room next year as apparently our landlord charges a horrendous amount of money for blu-tac marks on walls. Thanks for sharing :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute idea, i'll have to try something like this around my desk. Your photos are so gorgeous, what camera do you use if you dont mind me asking?

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use the Nikon d3200 and edit my my pictures on Pic monkey!x

      Delete
  3. Love this, especially because they are all random items - makes it really interesting to look at :)

    Alice // the-rose-glow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an old Topshop shoe box that I just put random things in and have slowly begun to put in a scrapbook but this is so much cooler! It's so pretty and creative, I wish I had done this!x
    libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think scrapbooking looks so cool but then I get sad that I would never see the things :( thank you!x

      Delete
  5. I do this too, collecting little bits of life and stowing it away in keepsake boxes for pinning up along my (always depressingly bare to start) uni flat walls. I've moved a lot of the older stuff into scrap books now, but I do love looking at my favourite recent moments that live above my desk. Super cute snaps (and totally loving the silver pegs!)

    Fii | little miss fii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely-the great thing is though it's so easy to change it up for more recent memories as it's not fixed in a frame etc. Aren't they adorable?x

      Delete
  6. This is such a cool idea, I need to try doing this!

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always keep all my tickets and little bits and pieces that have so many memories behind them! This is such a cute way to display them!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree-I could never dream of throwing them away!thank you :)x

      Delete
  8. I've got a similar bag of little bits and tickets from all my adventures and haven't ever really known what to do with them! This is such a cute idea and much easier to put together than the scrapbook I constantly tell myself I'll make haha xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I am exactly the same! Glad you liked it :)x

      Delete
  9. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete