disposables

Towards the end of 2017, I bought a disposable camera and it went on a few adventures with me. A couple of weeks ago I got the pictures developed and I thought I would share my favourites.
They explore a month filled with trips to London and Oxford and drunken nights and celebrations and  a lot of fun.
Enjoy.

Radcliffe camera, Oxford 
Primrose Hill @ sunset with Dalal, London 

View over London, Primrose Hill 
St Pauls Cathedral, London 
Nelsons Column, London
Expensive (and disappointing) cocktails w/ Libby, Old Spitalfields Market, London 
Christchurch College, Oxford
The view from my bed, Mansfield College, Oxford 

Gals

Tower Bridge, London 

Pizza ft. Dalal, London
National Theatre, Londres

My sister, on the train

Gals on NYE
calm country walks 
I adore the washed out, slightly hazy effect of disposable prints and the way they so-candidly capture a moment and its purity. I'll definitely be buying another over the next few months.

In other sightly monumental news, yesterday I received an offer from Oxford to study History. Pretty cool, huh? I was shaking with excitement but then had an unfortunate 6 hour shift at work that slightly dulled my elation. Last night, I felt weird about it all and sort of just wanted to cry but I won't talk about this too much because I am so lucky to have this insane opportunity. I went for a pint with my dear friends who were so happy for me and man, people who share your success are the best (special s.o to Dalal who was unbelievably excited for me, despite her own personal experience with Oxford and their gruelling application process).
SO yeah! Some exciting things ahead, lots to think about and things to consider! Obviously, I'm freaking out but hey, it is me. 

bloglovin - twitter - insta

21 comments

  1. Happy new year my lovee! These are lovely photos, I adore them. OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!! I knew you'd do it, it's a lot to consider but super exciting to know you have that under your belt. Sending lots of love, hope you're celebrating well x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thank you thank you, exciting times!!! lots of love gal x

      Delete
  2. These photos are gorgeous! And omgggg well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be so incredibly pleased, well fucking done g, SO happy for you! Yay!!! On another note, it's such a coincidence that you used the word 'elation' because I was literally using that word to describe how I was feeling yesterday because I handed in my final assessment and have 3 genuine weeks to relax with no strings attached - I was even gonna write a blog post called about it (lmao). Anyway, looks like 2018 is already looking up and I hope these sentiments ride it for the long haul! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! yea i was pretty buzzed ngl (but also wanted to cry with sadness which was very weird) Omg yes!!!! I'm so glad you're feeling so positive nd those 3 weeks soon glorious, enjoy it!!! xx

      Delete
  3. I've been looking forward to seeing how your film photos came out! I'm so happy about your Oxford offer because it is so well deserved- even though my experience was not entirely positive (twas brutal) I'm excited to see you develop and grow in an institution that is so well suited for you. and ofc I'm ready to hop on a train and visit you ;)
    I hope 2018 brings more days out, more disposable photos and HAPPINESS!

    Dalal // monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope ya liked them, thank you my love all your support means a lot and YES 100% looking forward visits from you!!! Thank youuu, the same for you of course xxx

      Delete
  4. Really nice shots...ahh man that shot with the pizza has made me so hungry!!!
    https://thegrlwhoblog.wordpress.com/
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and I'm feeling that itch rn to go shoot a disposable camera again. It's so cathartic. GOOD FOR YOU about Oxford as well!

    Lilly xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it the best? I'm desperate to buy another one but I'm not doing anything interesting for a few weeks so I'm reluctant haha. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. YESSSSSS for Oxford- so proud of you!! And excited for you!!! ah!!!!!!!! Also love the pics, especially y, the sunset one, very pretty- I love the effortless of disposables. Also I'm jealous of your friends baker boy hat, I've decided I want one (although it's easier to wear hats when all your friends wear hats and none of my friends wear hats because they are lame) x
    constantlylibby.blogpsot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you babe, oh same definitely buying another asap. Ahh isn't it lush, she pulls it off so well (I definitely wouldn't-i love hats but am always too scared....x

      Delete
  7. I've always loved a good disposable camera, I feel like the pictures are so much more memorable than digital ones! Even though whenever I get them developed I'm always like 'what was I actually doing?' it still makes me laugh a lot! Congrats on your offer, thats absolutely amazing!

    Lucy Jane | Infinity of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree, I love the candid nature of them. Thank you!!x

      Delete
  8. Your shots are bringing back all the memories! I spent some time in Oxford and London about 2 and a half years ago and I miss it so much! AND CONGRATS! How exciting!!!

    xx Chelsea
    www.organizedmessblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its the most beautiful city?!?! Thank you I'm so nervous/excited!!x

      Delete
  9. I actually love these photos!!
    sputniksweetheartn.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are amazing, love the effect and everything.
    Also congrats for could get into Oxford! x




    www.arindapuspitasari.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete